Sunday, May 29, 2011

"The Connection Cleanse" (?)

Well, this latest leg of the cleansing journey surely has taken me into unexpected territory, but of course, it's totally the ticket (ooooh-inadvertent pun--ticket, journey--yeah, I know, you probably got it immediately)!  So the magic that seems to be happening (and I'll get into the details of the regimen here in a bit), is that I am unleashing years of pent-up gratitude toward my body for her oh-so-integral role in this experience that is life on Earth as Me.  I'll say she plays a pretty huge role.  She's the vehicle, and, what a vehicle!  Do you remember Night Rider, that tv show from the '80's?  The car was a smart and beautiful vehicle (smart for pretend, of course).  Compare a hunk of metal that has some cognizant capabilities and whatever to the marvel that is the human body and Kit (the car with the sexy voice) looks like a set of dental braces or something.  I am appreciating my body (especially repenting of hating on certain aspects which I made the scapegoat over the years), and that, I think, is at the heart of why I wanted to do a cleanse to begin with.  She needs some love and appreciation from me.  She has been on "my" team ("my" who?  I hope my shrink isn't following this blog--I'm going to get a new diagnosis!)  She has done very well--marvelously, even!  She is my partner on this journey (or rather "I" am along for the ride) and she henceforth gets her dues.  Yay Hannah's body!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment