Friday, April 29, 2011

55

55 was a red-letter day for my business.  I have been trying to get it off the ground for over 3 years now, and until Wednesday was totally conflicted about having this business at all.  Without going into all the details, let's just suffice it to say that I was able to move into a much more compatible direction with it, and, for the first time in over 3 years, I have almost no conflict about getting new clients, taking on bigger and bigger projects if need be, having staff, and turning this thing into a thriving catering business!  I feel like I have been let out of jail, and that I get to play for a living from now on, even if I still need to do some less exciting things for money while the busines gets off and running.

While I unfolded the above miracles, I imbibed the other three Guinesses over a period of six hours or so, then in the next six hours I drank another couple of shots of brandy, had a glass of red wine, another Guiness or two I pilfered from someone's stash, and finished the evening with about three shots of vodka.  All in all, eleven drinks in so many hours.  Hey, that's what the moderation police recommend anyway, right?  One drink per hour!  Except I don't think that they meant eleven in one day or starting at noon.  55 was definitely another instance of putting the suck in suckcess!!  I am very excited about the blockage I removed to fully launching my business though.  One less reason to want to escape the present!  On to 54!

No comments:

Post a Comment