Friday, April 29, 2011

54

54 arrived bright and foggy (in my head), although I didn't feel that bad physically (hangoverwise), aside from the worsened symptoms of upper respiratory infection that had begun to turn into accute bronchitis.  I waited until noon (twelve hours after my last drink), and then took a dose of Antabuse, which is a deterrent drug for people who don't want to drink but have a drinking habit.  It's the willpower pill, and I love it when I make up my mind not to drink.  It causes an immediate unpleasant reaction to alcohol when both drug and alcohol are present in the body.  There just isn't room enough for the both of them, and the drug wins every time.  I don't want to feel that reaction, so I stay off the sauce.  It is my intention to keep up this medication during the remaining days of this recalibration period.  Of course I drank nothing alcoholic during #54.  Yay.  It feels good to be aligned with my desires like this. 
I did many things today, though I really wanted and probably needed to be in bed the whole day, resting and aiding my body's healing from this bronchitis and whatever other challenges it may be having as a result of my chronic over-imbibing.  I'm on her side, and now I can put my resources where my mouth is.  I continue to read (re-read for the third or fourth time) French Women For All Seasons, learning to savor the Spring and prepare for Summer.  More and more on that as the other (chemical) drama in my life subsides! 

No comments:

Post a Comment